AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is continually recognized for outstanding design and management by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), Multifamily Executive, and others. AvalonBay's corporate and property-specific awards rank amongst the most prestigious in the multi-family housing industry and include:
NJAA (New Jersey Apartment Association) Property Management Company of the Year
NAREIT Leader in Light Award
NAREIT “CARE” Award- Bronze for “Presentation and Design” of 2011 Annual Report
Top 25 Socially Responsible Dividend Stock by Dividend Channel
Developer of the Year by Associated Builders and Owners of Greater New York
Top 10 MultiFamily Developers by MultiFamily Executive
- Multifamily Executive Awards Project of the Year:
- Long Island Builders Institute (LIBI)- Community of the Year over 50 Homes- Avalon Charles Pond
- Connecticut Apartment Association (CTAA)- Community of the Year - Avalon Huntington
- NAREIT CARE Awards Honor REIT Industry’s - Best Investor Communications
- Property Management Association- Marketing and Advertising Excellence Awards
- "Best Company Website" (AvalonCommunities.com)
- "Best Marketing of a Leasing Center" (for Avalon Fort Greene's temporary leasing office)
- 1st Runner Up award for "Best Advertising Campaign" (for the "Find YouTopia" campaign at Avalon Fort Greene).
- Multifamily Executive 2009 "Community Service" award (for our participation in the 2008 Spirit of Caring "Make A Difference Day" event)
- Multifamily Executive 2009 "Project of the Year - Mid-Rise" for Avalon Anaheim Stadium (Anaheim, CA)
- Multifamily Executive 2009 "Best Advertising & Marketing" award
- Multifamily Executive 2009 Merit Award for "Best Renovation" for Avalon Sunset (Los Angeles, CA)
- Multihousing News 2009 "Design Excellence Award" for our Adaptive ReUse success at Avalon Danvers (Danvers, MA)
- American Business Communicators honored our 2008 Annual Report ("Built to Endure") with three awards at the ABC’s 17th Annual Report Competition:
- 1st Place (nationwide) in the "Best Cover Design" category
- 3rd Place (nationwide) in the "Overall Best Annual Report" category
- "Outstanding Achievement" (Honorable Mention) in the "Letter to Shareholders" category
- Avalon Anheim Stadium wins Gold Nugget Award at PCBC
- NAREIT's "CEO Spotlight" interview with Bryce Blair
- 2009 Multi Family Executive April Cover Article
- 2009 Best Overall Leasing Campaign - Avalon Morningside Park
- NJAA (New Jersey Apartment Association) Garden State Awards "Best Corporate Website"
- 2008 Make a Difference Day Corporate Sponsor
- 2008 MFE Project of the Year: Adaptive Reuse - Avalon Danvers, Danvers, MA
- 2008 Forbes article Featuring AvalonBay
2007 NAHB Pillars of the Industry "Property Management Company of the Year"
January 2005 - Multifamily Executive 2004 "Builder of the Year" (Article 3mb PDF)
2004 Green Street Advisors "2004 REIT of The Year"
2004 NAHB "Pillars of the Industry" Best Luxury Rental Apartment -- Avalon at Newton Highlands, Newton Massachusetts
2004 Multifamily Executive "Project of the Year" -- Avalon at Mission Bay, San Francisco, CA
2004 Multifamily Executive "Builder of the Year"
2003 Best Corporate Website -- www.avaloncommunities.com
2001 Best Luxury Multifamily Development
2000 Best Multifamily Community by a REIT -- Avalon Silicon Valley, Sunnyvale, CA
2000 Multifamily Executive- "Executive of the Year"
1999 Best Mid- or High-Rise Apartment Community -- Avalon at Longwood Towers, Brookline, MA
1997 Property Management Firm of the Year
Other Awards & Recognitions:
Multi-Housing News; Dec 1, 2004 -- AvalonBay: Building and Buying Behind Barriers